Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My first blog post ever!

My whole goal for this blog is to motivate myself. Even if no one, not one person, reads this I am certain it will motivate me. I will always think 'what if' someone is reading it. I can't type.."I did nothing to improve myself today"...I will always want to type something positive and really mean it.
Recently I started the couch to 5K program. My goal is to run a 5K by June...of this year...run the whole thing. I have NEVER been a runner. I was that girl in gym class who walked the track while others ran. Was I alone? No...but I was embarrassed to run, acting like I was too cool to run. I am still that girl in gym class. I am raising very active and athletic children. My son is a 13 year old pitcher sought after by many coaches. My 11 year old daughter is a terrific swimmer and very competitive at meets. My one year old has yet to choose her sport, although she's very active. My husband is a Marine, always training for the next triathlon or half marathon. He is the one who inspired me to try this thing called running. He said the feeling you get when you cross the finish line can't be compared to anything. He wants me to feel that.
Ok..day one of the 'couch to 5K'...Simple. Walk 25 minutes briskly. Umm, that sounds so simple and yet it showed me so much. I am grossly out of shape. I am not a lazy person, I am very active, but walking what turned out to be a little over 2 miles briskly while pushing a one year old in a jogging stroller...wasn't simple. My thoughts turned to how easy it would be to just never admit I started the program, never tell a sole I quit the first day. Darn it, I already told my husband and kids...can't back out now, there are no quitters in this family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment