Thursday, February 5, 2009

Actual Comments

Wow! I'm so happy that there are actual people reading my posts!! I really got excited to see comments. Thank you very much for the kind words and the encouragement. I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to visiting your blogworld.

Today was an "off" day on the working out, but I accomplished so much. I haven't mentioned that we bought a 70's fixer upper. We know we're stationed here for at least 3 years, so we (like everyone else) are hoping the economy picks up by the time we have to sell.
Anyway, I reupholstered a chair, cleaned out a closet that was really cluttered, sorted through files, shredded papers and got my master bedroom ready to paint tomorrow. I feel the need to add that my 14 month old is very active and for every step forward I take on a project I have to take two back to clean up after her...oh, and my 11 year old was home with a fever of 102 today...My 98 year old Memere is also in the hospital, so giving all that I am sooooo thrilled with everything I got done.
Now here's what I'm thinking. I have followed a few blogs for awhile now. I don't know how to do the link thing yet, but "Layla at the Lettered Cottage" and "Nester" and "Just a Girl" have silently been motivating me for weeks. They are beautiful, full of life and have fabulous taste. I am always amazed at how they get so much done in a day and how they always have something to say or something they did that makes me say "wait, I can do that too"...my thought is that they get things done because they have to tell their readers what they did. They know that there are people out there waiting for inspiration from them. I wonder if their postings are always on their mind. So... was today such an accomplished day because I feel great from working out and eating right, or because I wanted positive things to be able to blog about? Maybe I'll learn how to post pictures and show before and afters of the chair...or the closet....hey, maybe of me in 4 months??? Maybe my postings are boring to most. I'm so new to this. I know that when I read "my favorite" blogs I am usually entertained...not sure I'm ever going to be that good, but I enjoy that in one day of blogging I already have two really nice ladies that posted and encouraged me. Maybe that's what's missing for me...in everything I have, everything I do...this last move has not provided "girlfriends" yet...Maybe I need more Laylas, Nesters and Just a Girls....

PS...I just figured out the link thing...so accomplished ;) PLEASE let me know if I do something that doesn't follow proper blogging "Etiquette"...thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment