Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday

I am not sure how some women blog everyday. I suppose it shows that they are even more incredible than I already thought. I'm thinking I will be a Monday through Friday blogger? I was so incredibly busy this weekend, I barely had any internet time. Let me list a couple things that I accomplished.
1. Refinished a coffee table
2. Made throw pillows for the sunroom couch
3. Painted my bedroom (3 coats) , a yummy yellowish brown (pumpkin butter)
4. rearranged furniture
5. refinished some decorations for our room
5. attended swimming practice, booster meeting and two baseball games
Plus all the normal mommy routines and errands.

I was inspired to change my master bedroom because of
Nester. Her blog was my inspiration last week to begin. It came out so incredibly beautiful. I took her advice and didn't put any kid pictures in there, it's romantic and "grown up".

I also tried to win a design consultation by my favortie blogger, Layla, for my 1970's living room, complete with a sparkling popcorn glitter ceiling and gold streaked linolium, oh and you can't forget the track lights. Erin at Rare and Beautiful Treasures was giving one away....I didn't win the consult, but I did add a few more blogs to my list of favorites. :)


I am still keeping up with the couch to 5K program...officially into week 2. Yea me! Now it actually involves running (imagine). My hubby was home from work today since he worked all weekend, so he asked if he could come with. It's been 15 years since the last time we worked out together...I wasn't sure it would go well. We took off with the baby in the stroller, I kept smiling because I was a tad embarrassed, not really sure I could even do the running that was required in this workout. The first 8 minutes were quiet but fast. I know he was trying to motivate, inspire, and push me. When it came time for the running, I went into it with all my heart...I wanted to show him I could, to make him proud? Yeah, I burned out fast and yelled at him (his watch must be wrong).....we walked another 9 minutes (pretty much in silence) knowing that another run was coming ...my ribs hurt, my legs were jello...but I wasn't quiting...not in front of him of course. Then came some more walking...one more run to do...I counted in my head, my ribs hurt, my legs hurt, my cheeks were on fire.... I knew when time was up, he kept me running...4 extra seconds! He's trying to kill me! :) All in all the workout consisted of three runs within a 3o minute timeframe. Will I really be able to run the whole thing in 3 months and 3 weeks?? Seems a little unachievable...but I know it isn't. I know this can be done. Since starting this program I am feeling healthier, sportier and now today I feel a little like a runner...not during ....but after! :) I'll continue. If anyone reads this, I'm wondering if anyone else has gone from being a non runner to a runner??? Or a hopeful runner? I'm only into week two, if anyone wants to start the program we can talk eachother through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment